Housing Information

Housing Information

On-campus housing

Undergraduate Students
The University provides term time on-campus accommodation to eligible undergraduate students. Students are allocated to a hostel place in their affiliated college or in the International House (I-House) managed by the Office of Student Affairs. If necessary, students can apply for summer accommodation to their respective college/ hostel as instructed.

Postgraduate Students
The Postgraduate Halls (PGH) offer more than 1,000 hostel places to postgraduate students. For details, please visit the Postgraduate Halls Management Office Homepage at www.pgh.cuhk.edu.hk or email to enquiry@pgh.cuhk.edu.hk.

Off-campus housing

Finding off-campus accommodation in Hong Kong can be a challenge as you may not understand the local law and the rental procedure well. Also, the rent for a private apartment in Hong Kong is relatively high and many landlords tend to consider only leases of at least one year. Yet, living off-campus could be fun – you will enjoy more freedom and have a chance to taste the local culture.

Before searching for apartments, it is necessary for you to understand thoroughly the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance and the rental procedure: https://lces.osa.cuhk.edu.hk/non-local-services/housing/off-campus/rental-procedure/.